Delegate Terms & Conditions
COSMETIC COURSES LIMITED
AGREED TERMS – DELEGATES
These terms and conditions apply exclusively to our delegates attending one of our online or practical training courses. If you are a delegate booking for the Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine, please refer to the level 7 terms & conditions.
Your attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of clause 14 (Limitation of liability)
‘Applicable Laws’ means (for so long as and to the extent that they apply to us) the law of the European Union, the law of any member state of the European Union and/or Domestic UK Law, as amended from time to time; Domestic UK Law means the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other law that applies in the UK, as amended from time to time;
“Controller, processor, data subject, personal data, personal data breach, processing and appropriate technical measures” as defined in the Data Protection Legislation.
“Data Protection Legislation” the UK Data Protection Legislation and any other European Union legislation relating to personal data and all other legislation and regulatory requirements in force from time to time which apply to a party relating to the use of personal data (including, without limitation, the privacy of electronic communications); and the guidance and codes of practice issued by the relevant data protection or supervisory authority and applicable to a party.
“Intellectual Property Rights”means patents, rights to inventions, copyright and neighbouring and related rights, moral rights, trade marks, business names and domain names, rights in get-up and trade dress, goodwill and the right to sue for passing off or unfair competition, rights in designs, rights in computer software, database rights, rights to use, and protect the confidentiality of, confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets), and all other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications and rights to apply for and be granted, renewals or extensions of, and rights to claim priority from, such rights and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection which subsist or will subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
- THESE TERMSAND OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods (skin care products, starter kits, consumables and retails products; services (our practical training courses); or digital content (our online courses), and they include the provision of any learning material applicable to your selected course, whether in a hard copy or electronic format
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
- Our contract. These terms apply to the order placed by you in connection with the services set out in clause 1.1. They apply to the exclusion of any other terms that you seek to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
- Entire agreement. The contract is the entire agreement between you and us in relation to its subject matter. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation or assurance or warranty that is not set out in the contract.
- These terms and the contract are made only in the English language.
- Your copy. You should print a copy of these terms or save them to your computer for future reference.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
- Who we are. We are Cosmetic Courses Limited, a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 08510573 and our registered office is at Unit E3 Regent Park, Princes Estate, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, HP27 9LE. Our registered VAT number is 174 0744 10
- How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01844 390110 or by writing to us at [email protected] or by post to Cosmetic Courses, at Unit E3 Regent Park, Princes Estate, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom, HP27 9LE
- How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- ”Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- PLACING AN ORDER AND ITS ACCEPTANCE
- Placing your order. We accept bookings placed online or by telephone. Alternatively, if you have any initial queries prior to placing your order, please fill out and submit our Quick Enquiry online form first and we will get in touch with you or call our office on 01844 390110.
- Online booking – please follow the onscreen prompts to place an order for a particular practical course or an online course. Each order is subject to these terms.
- Booking by telephone – you may also book a particular course using the telephone number provided on our website.
- Correcting input errors. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please check the order carefully before confirming it. You are responsible for ensuring that your order [and any specification submitted by you] is complete and accurate.
- Acknowledging receipt of your order. After you place your order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received it, but please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 3.4.
- Accepting your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place, subject to these terms, when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. The contract will relate only to those services confirmed in the order confirmation.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you. This might be because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we have not been able to satisfy ourselves as to your suitability for the practical course you wish to attend.
- We sell to overseas customers. If you are an overseas customer, you will be required to attend the practical course at one of our UK locations, as published on our website. A full payment will have to be made at the time of booking.
- CANCELLING YOUR ORDER AND OBTAINING A REFUND
- If you wish to cancel the contract, the following terms apply:
- Cancellations of training courses more than 14 days of the training date: in the event that you are no longer able to attend or decide to cancel the training course on the day for which it has been booked a £200 cancellation fee will be incurred. If you wish to transfer your booking to another course or date this will incur a £50 (inc vat) administration fee.
- Cancellations of training courses less than 14 days of the training date: in the event that you are no longer able to attend the training course on the day for which it has been booked you will not be entitled to any refund. If you wish to transfer your booking to another course or date this will incur an administration charge of 50% of your booked course fee. If you are unable or refuse to attend on the alternative date offered the full course fee will become non-refundable.
- OUR SERVICES
- Descriptions and illustrations. Any descriptions or illustrations on our site are published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the services described in them. They will not form part of the Contract or have any contractual force.
- Compliance with specification. Subject to our right to amend the specification (see clause 5.3) we will supply our services to you in accordance with the specification for the services appearing on our website at the date of your order in all material respects.
- Changes to specification. We reserve the right to amend the specification of the services if required by any Applicable Laws or if the amendment will not materially affect the nature or quality of the services, and we will notify you in advance of any such event.
- Updates to digital content. We may update or require you to update digital content, provided that the digital content shall always match the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it.
- Reasonable care and skill. We warrant to you that the services will be provided using reasonable care and skill. All of our training specialists providing the relevant training courses are regulated by governing bodies specific to their profession and qualifications.
- Time for performance. We will use all reasonable endeavours to meet any performance dates specified in the order confirmation. In the event we need to change a date and/or location of your training course, we will contact you immediately and offer you an alternative date and/or location, as appropriate. If the alternative date and/or location is not suitable for you, you may cancel the order and request a refund.
- Models for practical courses. We aim to provide a wide range of models for your training and to cover a variety of treatments, in our efforts to make sure your training needs are met to the highest standard. However, as with any aesthetic clinic, treatment cancellations can occur and such treatments can only be carried out subject to model suitability on the day of the training; this is determined by the supervising practitioner. Our delegates are welcome to bring their own model on the day of training. Please inform a member of the team when booking your course to confirm your model’s suitability for the particular course. Please check the fee that will apply for the treatment required by clicking here.
- Assessments and certificates. Once you have booked for one of our courses, depending on whether you are completing an online course or a practical training course, you will receive your course material (any manuals etc.) accordingly. Our attendance certificates are recognised by all leading aesthetic insurance companies.
- Online course assessments consist of multiple choice questions upon the completion of which results will be generated and if you have been successful you will shortly receive a certificate with the name of the particular course via email. In the event that you do not reach the pass rate a complementary re-assessment will be available. If this has not been successful, you will be required to pay a fee for each subsequent re-assessment (see clause 8 (Payments)).
- Practical training courses and assessments: We cannot guarantee that all delegates attending a practical course will receive a certificate. In the event that you have not demonstrated competence and your training supervisor considers that you require further training, your certificate will not be granted and you will not be entitled to any refund and any outstanding balance must be settled in full within 5 working days. Where further training is recommended, you will be offered a complimentary two-hour training session with an opportunity to complete your assessment. In the event that your assessment has not been successful following the complimentary training session, you will be required to book a fresh course and pay appropriate fee.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS
- It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- the terms of your order are complete and accurate;
- you co-operate with us in all matters relating to the services including any pre course reading requirements;
- you provide us with such information and materials we may reasonably require in order to supply the services, and ensure that such information is complete and accurate in all material respects, this includes your photo ID (passport or UK/ROI driving licence);
- you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your practical course;
- you bring your photo identification with you on the day of your practical course.
- you provide us on booking with any information that may effect your ability to complete the course.
- If our ability to perform the services is prevented or delayed by any failure by you to fulfil any obligation listed in clause 6.1 (Your Default):
- we will be entitled to suspend performance of the services until you remedy Your Default, and to rely on Your Default to relieve us from the performance of the services, in each case to the extent Your Default prevents or delays performance of the services. In certain circumstances Your Default may entitle us to terminate the contract under clause 9 (Termination);
- we will not be responsible for any costs or losses you sustain or incur arising directly or indirectly from our failure or delay to perform the services; and
- it will be your responsibility to reimburse us on written demand for any costs or losses we sustain or incur arising directly or indirectly from Your Default.
- Intellectual Property rights. Copyright and all Intellectual Property rights in the online courses, course materials, our logos, graphics and associated website is vested in Cosmetic Courses Ltd and/or our presenters and/or any third party providers and no part may be copied or reproduced in any way without our prior written consent.
- [ Mis-use of your access code and PIN for online courses. The Access Code and PIN are unique to you. Your access to an online course may be terminated if you or anyone else within your organisation provides these details to third parties without our prior written consent.
- PROVIDING THE SERVICES
- Commencement of the service. Our services are deemed to have been accepted by you and commenced as soon as you have received an email confirmation of your booking. In addition, shortly after the booking confirmation you will also receive:
- access to the particular online course material, through the provision of log in details for your own use; or
- any learning material relating to the practical training course which you have booked.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products or services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of products or services to you. We may have to suspend the supply of our products or services to you in order to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes; or
- update the product or service to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- If you are deemed to be disrespectful, rude or abusive to a representative of our Company.
- Technical suitability. It is your responsibility to ensure that our technology is compatible with your systems. We are not liable or responsible for any technical issues which may arise as a result of your failure to ensure compatibility as above. Due to its inherent nature you acknowledge that Cosmetic Courses Ltd is not liable or responsible for and delay, disruption or disturbance in the operation of the internet. Similarly you acknowledge that 24 hour access to our website may be interrupted due to telecommunications failures which are beyond our control and/or downtime for repairs, maintenance and upgrading.
- Technical support. Should you require technical support with any online courses, please contact us either via email or telephone between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) and we will respond to requests as soon as reasonably practicable. It is your responsibility to ensure that our technology is compatible with your systems. Cosmetic Courses is not liable or responsible for any technical issues which may arise as a result of your failure to ensure compatibility as above. Due to its inherent nature you acknowledge that Cosmetic Courses is not liable or responsible for and delay, disruption or disturbance in the operation of the internet. Similarly you acknowledge that 24 hour access to the website may be interrupted due to telecommunications failures which are beyond the control of Cosmetic Courses and/or downtime for repairs, maintenance and upgrading.
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of products and/or services. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product and/or services, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product and/or services 6 weeks we will adjust the price so that you do not pay for products and/or services while they are suspended.
- We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products and/or services when you are supposed to (see clause4) and you still do not make payment within 1 day of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products and/or services until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products and/or services.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Where to find the price. The price of the product and services (including VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages of our website when you place your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that our prices, as published on the website are correct. However please see clause3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price.
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product and/or services, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product and/or in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products and/or services we sell may be incorrectly priced. If you find a discrepancy between the price quoted on our website and that in your booking confirmation, please contact us immediately.
- When you must pay and how you must pay.
- Methods of payment. We accept payment with all of the following debit and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express). We are not able to accept cheque payments. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying. For payment by a bank transfer, please use the details below:
Cosmetic Courses bank account details:
Cosmetic Courses Limited
Sort Code: 20-40-71
Account Number: 93428060
IBAN: GB56 BARC 2040 7193 4280 60
Any failed or cancelled payments will incur £20 administration charge (inc VAT).
- For online courses, you must pay for each course when you place your order, following the prompts on the website. You will not be able to access any online course unless and until a payment has been made.
- For practical training courses, we currently offer the following payment options:
- A one-off payment prior to the course date; or
- Payment of a £200 deposit when booking a particular course, followed by the balance (including VAT) payable no later than 21 days before the course date; or
- On selected courses, a payment plan by way of a direct debit over [3 or 6 months] which is subject to an initial deposit payment of 40% of the total course fee plus a £20 admin fee payable when booking a course. You will receive a direct debit mandate to complete within 24 hours of receiving the email. Payments will be scheduled for the 1st or 15th of each month. Your designated bank account will be charged automatically each month. If you wish to set up a direct debit, please contact us on 01844 390110
- Our right of set-off. You must pay all amounts due to us under these terms in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law). Failure to comply with the agreed payments will result in legal action.
- We can charge interest if you pay late. If you fail to make a payment under the contract by the due date, then, without limiting our remedies under clause 9 (Termination), you will have to pay interest on the overdue sum from the due date until payment of the overdue sum, whether before or after judgment. Interest under this clause 8.7 will accrue each day at 4% a month above the Bank of England’s base rate from time to time, but at 4% a month for any period when that base rate is below 0%.
- What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know.
- Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, either party may terminate the contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to the other party if:
- The other party commits a material breach of its obligations under the contract and (if such breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 7 days after receipt of notice in writing to do so;
- The other party takes any step or action in connection with its entering administration, provisional liquidation or any composition or arrangement with its creditors (other than in relation to a solvent restructuring), being wound up (whether voluntarily or by order of the court, unless for the purpose of a solvent restructuring), having a receiver appointed to any of its assets or ceasing to carry on business;
- the other party suspends, or threatens to suspend, or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on all or a substantial part of its business; or
- the other party’s financial position deteriorates to such an extent that in the terminating party’s opinion the other party’s capability to adequately fulfil its obligations under the contract has been placed in jeopardy.
- Without affecting any other right or remedy available to us, we may terminate the contract with immediate effect by giving a written notice in the event that:
- you fail to pay any amount due under the contract on the due date for payment; or
- your business is undergoing a change of control.
- Without affecting any other right or remedy available to us, we may suspend the supply of services or all further deliveries of goods under the contract or any other contract between us if you fail to pay any amount due under the contract on the due date for payment, or you become subject to any of the events listed in clause 9.1.2 to clause 9.1.4, or if you reasonably believe that you are about to become subject to any of them.
- HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- Email our customer services at [email protected] . Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- Complete the cancellation form on our website.
- By post. Print off the following form and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- CONSEQUENCES OF TERMINATION
- On termination of the contract:
- You shall immediately pay all of your outstanding unpaid invoices and interest and, in respect of services and goods supplied but for which no invoice has been submitted, we shall submit an invoice, which shall be payable by you immediately on receipt;
- you shall return all of our materials which have not been fully paid for. If you fail to do so, we may enter your premises and take possession of them. Until they have been returned, shall be solely responsible for their safe keeping and will not use them for any purpose not connected with this contract.
- Termination of the contract shall not affect any rights, remedies, obligations and liabilities of the parties that have accrued up to the date of termination, including the right to claim damages in respect of any breach of the contract which existed at or before the date of termination.
- Any provision of the contract that expressly or by implication is intended to have effect after termination shall continue in full force and effect.
How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the practical course or the online course material or the quality thereof, please contact us within 24 hours of the date of the relevant course. You can telephone our customer service team at 01844 390110 or write to us at [email protected] or by post to Cosmetic Courses, E3 Regent Park, Summerleys Road, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire HP27 9LE. Alternatively, please speak to one of our staff in-store.
Our insurance cover. We have an insurance policy in place with Hiscox Insurance to cover the training on the day of your course. It is each delegate’s own responsibility to source adequate insurance cover after the training has been completed, in order to practice.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict liability.
- Except to the extent expressly stated in clause 14.1 all terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded.
- Subject to clause 14.1:
- we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of sales or business, loss of agreements or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of use or corruption of software, data or information, loss of or damage to goodwill, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
- our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to [the price of the goods or services supplied.].
- our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the cost of the course, in accordance with the prices published on our website.
- DATA PROTECTION
- Both parties will comply. Both parties will comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Legislation. This clause 15 is in addition to, and does not relieve, remove or replace, a party’s obligations under the Data Protection Legislation.
- Your responsibility. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 15.1, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have all necessary and appropriate consents and notices in place to enable lawful transfer of the Personal Data to us for the purposes of our contract.
- Our obligations. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 15.1, we shall, in relation to any Personal Data processed in connection with the performance by us of our obligations for the purposes of our contract:
- process that Personal Data only on your written instructions unless we are required by Applicable Laws to otherwise process that Personal Data;
- ensure that we have in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, Personal Data;
- ensure that all personnel who have access to and/or process Personal Data are obliged to keep the Personal Data confidential; and
- not transfer any Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area without your prior written consent and the following conditions are fulfilled:
- either you or we have provided appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer;
- the data subject has enforceable rights and effective legal remedies;
- we comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation by providing an adequate level of protection to any Personal Data that is transferred; and
- we comply with reasonable instructions notified to us in advance by you with respect to the processing of the Personal Data;
- assist you, at your cost, in responding to any request from a Data Subject and in ensuring compliance with our obligations under the Data Protection Legislation with respect to security, breach notifications, impact assessments and consultations with supervisory authorities or regulators;
- notify you without undue delay on becoming aware of a Personal Data breach;
- at your written direction, delete or return Personal Data and copies thereof to you on termination of our contract unless required by Applicable Law to store the Personal Data; and
- maintain records and information to demonstrate our compliance with this clause 15.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 14 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to). This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.
Call us on 01844 390110 or send an enquiry: