Our Clinical Director, Mr Adrian Richards has been named one of the 'Top 100 Most Influential Cosmetic Doctors' by RealSelf website.
Clinical Practice: PDO Thread Lift Procedure
PDO Thread Lifts are the dynamic treatment lifting the face of the Aesthetic Industry. Whilst still a relatively new procedure, the demand for this treatment has sky rocketed. In this article we take a look at the thread lift procedure with Clinical Lead and Aesthetic Nurse Mel Recchia.
We successfully launched our PDO Thread Lift training at the beginning of the year and the demand from both our previous delegates and models has been phenomenal. From our experience the thread lift offers excellent lifting effects for those who are just starting to see the effects of ageing such as skin laxity in the mid and lower face. As well as being a fantastic stand-alone treatment it can also be used in conjunction with other popular non-surgical treatments such as Botox and Dermal Fillers.
What are PDO Threads?
PDO stands for polydioxanone which is a colourless crystal form, biodegradable synthetic polymer. When PDO threads are inserted into skin layers, it operates as a mechanical external stimulus to the cell causing collagen to be produced within the skin.
The thread lift technique uses two different types of threads to achieve results:
- The first is a smaller thread which can be used all around the body. On our aesthetic training course we use it on the lower part of the face to enhance jawline definition. Threads are inserted one by one into the areas needing attention, then pulled out leaving the thread in place.
- The other thread is longer in length with a small hook. These threads are inserted using a cannula on the top of the cheek bone. On average, five threads are inserted through one single entry point and this is repeated on both sides of the face. When all threads are in place they are pulled upwards to lift the mid and lower face and then trimmed to hide visible signs of exterior threads.
The combination of these threads can produce significant results for your client although using just one type is also possible dependent on your the expectations of your client and desired results.
What are the benefits of offering this treatment in your clinic?
- Short treatment time of 30-45 minutes
- Patients can see some results straight away with a relatively short recovery time
- Cost effective with a high profit margin
- Provides you with a competitive edge over local clinics
- New marketing opportunity to bring in a different clientele
- Can be used alongside Botox & Dermal Filler treatments
- Celebrity endorsed treatment and highly praised among patients
PDO thread lift training at Cosmetic Courses
Led by Clinical Lead Mel Recchia, this comprehensive course set over a full day covers all areas of this advanced treatment including:
- Overview of PDO Threads & Non Surgical Face lifting
- Re-cap on facial cannula techniques
- Using threads in conjunction with Botox & Dermal Fillers
- Appropriate preparation for the procedure
- How to achieve safe & optimal outcomes
- Understand thread implantation techniques while maintaining predictable outcomes
You will also have the opportunity to perform a PDO Thread Lift on a live patient provided by us. This is closely supervised by our trainer at all times. On successful completion of the training day you will receive a Certificate of Attendance which is recognised by all major insurers allowing you to immediately integrate this procedure into your practice.
Who can attend this course?
If you meet the following criteria you can attend our one day PDO thread lift training course:
- Have a thorough understanding of the facial anatomy and are competent in assessing the face as a whole.
- Competent in advanced dermal filler techniques which must include: non-surgical facelift and cheek re-volumisation, along with experience using a cannula and are practicing these techniques regularly.
- Confident with local aesthetic injections.
Upcoming PDO Threadlift courses
Friday 23rd June – Buckinghamshire – 1 SPACE LEFT
Friday 28th July – Buckinghamshire – 2 SPACES LEFT
Thursday 29th September – Buckinghamshire – 2 SPACES LEFT
For more information please call our friendly team on 01844 390100. Alternatively you can reserve your place online by clicking here.
Call us on 01844 390110 or send an enquiry: