Level 4 Qualification in Skin Rejuvenation
Level : Beginner
Price : £3950 inc VAT (£1500 inc VAT per module)
Duration of course : Max 12 months
CPD Hours : 278
Practical Experience :
Understanding the skin and its make-up is fundamental. Without this you cannot treat your clients’ needs and meet their expectations. By understanding the science behind the skin will broaden your clinical skills and assist in the integration of new treatments and techniques into your clinic.
We have launched a level 4 qualification that can help with this knowledge.
Aimed at level 3 beauty therapists, dental nurses, nursing assistants, paramedics and medical professionals, this CPD, level 4, Eduqual accredited qualification, will provide you with the relevant knowledge and practical skills to safely and competently perform the following procedures independently.
- Advanced skin care / Your patient / Rules and Regulations
- Chemical skin peel
- Micro needling using manual and electronic techniques
- Laser hair removal
- Intense Pulse Light treatment for hair removal and skin rejuvenation
Successful completion of these elements will result in you being awarded with the Level 4 qualification in advanced skin care, Laser & IPL, Micro needling and Chemical skin peel, which will evidence a level of expertise that can be relied upon by employers and patients alike.
Whilst this qualification is not a mandatory requirement, the HEE report commissioned by the UK government have recommended that high level treatments are carried out by qualified practitioners. This is also becoming a requirement for local authorities and insurance companies to check appropriate training has been completed before licensing and insurance is granted. In addition to this, many employers are looking for formal qualifications when seeking new employees to join their practice.
What is the structure to achieve the whole Level 4 Qualification?
Here at Cosmetic Courses, we understand studying for a qualification is time consuming. We have therefore developed this course to fit around your busy schedule. With our online learning and our flexible practical days the course can be completed to fit around you.
To achieve the full qualification you are required to complete all 4 modules. Each Module also includes 4 mandatory units. These units cover key topics of advanced skin science such as: layers of the skin, skin conditions, Fitzpatrick skin typing, patient selection, treatment planning, understanding your patients, managing complications and effective treatments and administration for each treatment.
Completion for each of the mandatory units involves a combination of online learning modules via our bespoke learning management system and observation and practical hands-on teaching. You will then be assessed based on your knowledge and competence through a practical assessment and by completing Short Answer questions (SAQ’s). The SAQ’s are based on your knowledge learnt from the interactive online learning and practical sessions with the final section being a reflective case study of a treatment plan you have administered on a patient. For your case study you will be expected to provide full consultation details, what treatment you suggested and why, the results, the aftercare advice and any further treatments you may have suggested. This case study has to be completed within 3 months from the assessment day.
The full qualification typically takes approx. between 6 – 12 months to complete and equates to 277 hours of learning (this will vary from student to student).
Each individual unit will take approx. 1-3 months.
Can I complete each individual module?
Yes. You can also complete each module separately and achieve an award for each. As with the complete qualification each module involves a combination of online learning modules via our bespoke learning management system and observation and practical hands-on teaching.You will then be assessed based on your knowledge and competence through a practical assessment and by completing Short Answer questions (SAQ’s). Each individual module will comprise of:
Chemical Skin Peel
- Advanced Skin Care online course
- 1 clinical observation day – you will observe chemical skin peel treatments administered by our expert practitioners
- 1 supervised practical day – you will complete supervised practical days treating live patients with Chemical skin peels. This day will also include your assessment and Short Answer Questions (SAQ’s).
- Advanced Skin Care online course
- 1 clinical observation day – you will observe both manual and mechanical microneedling treatments administered by our expert practitioners
- 1 supervised practical day – you will complete supervised practical days treating live patients using both microneedling techniques. This day will also include your assessment and Short Answer Questions (SAQ’s).
Laser Hair removal and IPL treatments
- Advanced Skin Care online course
- 1 clinical observation day for Laser Hair removal – you will observe Laser hair removal treatments administered by our expert practitioners
- 1 clinical observation day for IPL – you will observe IPL treatment administered by our expert practitioners
- 1 supervised practical day – you will complete supervised practical days treating live patients with Laser Hair removal treatment. This day will also include your assessment and Short Answer Questions (SAQ’s).
- 1 supervised practical day – you will complete supervised practical days treating live patients with IPL treatment. This day will also include your assessment and Short Answer Questions (SAQ’s).
What are your options for completing the qualification?
With our Level 4 there are many different approaches to gaining your level 4 qualification. The route to achieving this will depend on your previous training and any previous experience you might have.
If you are an experienced beauty therapist or medical professional and have previously trained in Chemical skin peels, microneedling or laser and IPL treatments then you may be able to evidence the clinical practice elements of the qualification using treatments you have performed prior to enrolling. This is known as Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
To complete the course via the RPL route we do require that you successfully complete the online learning including the end of module quiz’s and send us a log book of 25 treatments you have performed for each procedure over a 6 month period.
On successful approval of this submission you will then attend the assessment day and successfully complete the SAQ’s required for each module to complete the course.
Live patients provided
We are one of the only training providers to use live patients on our training courses
Learn in a clinical environment
This course is held in our training clinic in Buckinghamshire
We offer you the chance to divide the cost of your course into affordable monthly payments
We provide ongoing support after your taining. Our clinical leads are on hand to answer any questions you may have
Certificate of attendance
Our course is CPD certified and we provide a certificate of attendenace at the end of each course to enable you to start treating